Monday, July 21, 2008

Close At Hand


My new favorite thing is my mother's ring. I had seen an ad for one of these rings by nelleandlizzy in Jan. 2007's issue of Parents magazine. I tore out the blurb and stuck it in a folder. I looked at it a few times since then, and a few weeks ago I decided to order it. My mom has a traditional birthstone mother's ring. My girl's have the same birthstone, and a ring with 2 of the same birthstones didn't really excite me. The thought of having their names in individual bands that are intertwined seemed like a simple and precious way to always keep them "with me". It isn't fussy or expensive, but now that I have it, I value it greatly for what it represents.
The one pictured is obviously not mine...my camera, despite many attempts could not capture it so I stole this from their site. They will forgive me when you all order yours. Another similar option, untraditional, but with a little different flair is by Carved Creations

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is so cool! I like it better than the traditional birthstone rings/bracelets, etc. Got a link? I will have to check this out (maybe for Christmas??) How long did it take to receive?

Tracy said...

just click on the name of the companies in the blog entry
it took about a week for mine

Anonymous said...

http://heartattackprevented.blogspot.com/

Pls visit all Heart attacks Q & A